Information About Law : Your Career In
Jobs directly related to your degree
* Commercial solicitor, Non-commercial solicitor, Solicitor - advises clients (individual and corporate) on legal aspects of their personal and business affairs and conducts legal business and negotiations on their behalf.
* Barrister, Advocate - has rights of advocacy, presenting cases in court under instruction from a solicitor or another designated professional, and may specialise in different areas of law, such as: criminal law; common law including family, housing and personal injury law; chancery law; and commercial law.
* Barrister's clerk - responsible for running the administration and business activities of a barrister's chambers. Barrister’s clerks must be familiar with court procedures and etiquette and develop an expertise in the type of law undertaken by their chambers.
* Legal executive - Common areas of specialism are conveyancing, civil and criminal litigation, family law and probate.
* Licensed conveyancer - specialises in all aspects of the law dealing with property. Handles contracts for sales and draws up legal documents for sellers and purchasers.
Jobs where your degree would be useful
* Advice worker - responds to requests for help and assists clients by providing information and confidential advice on a range of issues, dependent on the working context.
* Trading standards officer - enforces a wide range of consumer legislation to promote fair, safe and equitable trading.
* Chartered accountant - provides professional services to a wide range of fee-paying clients, including audit/assurance, tax, business advisory and management consultancy.
* Patent agent - works to establish the originality of an invention. Offers advice on legal and technical issues, and drafts detailed technical definitions and descriptions.
* Police officer - works in partnership with the public and organisations to reduce crime and fear of crime, promoting justice.
* Human resources officer - develops, advises on and implements policies relating to the effective use of personnel within an organisation.
* Civil service fast streamer, Civil service administrator - works with and for agencies and departments of government.
The law affects every aspect of our lives, so you could put forward a strong argument for the knowledge gained through your studies enhancing performance in virtually any job. For example, understanding and being able to apply health and safety or employment legislation would be equally helpful for a restaurant manager, healthcare administrator or construction project manager.
(This information is extracted from prospectus.ac.uk)
Other Career Opportunities
Psychology : Your Career In
Job options with Psychology
Politics : Your Career In
Job options with Politics
Physics : Your Career In
Job Options with Physics
Mathematics : Your Career In
Job Option with Mathematics
International relations : Your Career In
Job Options with International relations
Law : Your Career In
Law Job Options
Civil Engineering: Your Career In
Civil Engineering Job Options
Business Study: Your Career in
Job options with Business Study
Civil Engineering : Your Career In
Job Options with Civil Engineering
Agriculture : Your Career In
Job options with Agriculture
Sociology : Your Career In
Job Options with Sociology
Humanities : Your Career In
Job Options with Humanities
Hospitality management/hotel and catering : Job options
Job option with Hospitality management/hotel and catering : Job options
Geography : Your Career In
Job option with Geography
Health Studies : Career In
Job Option in Health Studies
History : Your Career In
Job options with History
English: Your Career In
Job options with English
Education : Your Career in
Job Option with Education
Economics: Your Career
Job options with Economics
Computer science/IT : Your Career
Your Career with the subject Computer science/IT
Chemistry : Your Career
Your career and job option in Chemistry
Business Study: Your Carrer
Career in Business Study
Career with Biology
Jobs options with Biology
Your career in Anthropology
Accountancy and finance : Job options
Your Career with Accountacny and Finance